I am Sue

My photo
I am Sue Mochrie. An ever opening flower, waiting for sunlight to warm the rain drops. My creative thoughts and Art will be recorded in words and pictures.....

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Tangerine dreaming


I only acquired my first camera a couple of years ago. I could only get to grips when digital cameras arrived, as they are so easy to use.
It must be the artist in me that makes me want to take a shot, such as this one and manipulate the colours, adding the vintage boarder, to get a hazy summery dream like effect. I took this flower shot in my back yard. The sun was so bright, I couldn't see what I was taking. I just clicked away many times and luckily, caught the flower with the sun bursting through the clouds. I take my camera everywhere now, just in case, though many of my best photo's have been captured in my own street. My photo collection is for sale as prints and cards in redbubble.

6 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the picture! It takes a simple picture and gives it that daydreamy magic.

    Found you on an Etsy forum :) Check us out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo and I really love your illustrations! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colours are beautiful together, lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image - so simple - just beautiful
    Jeanie x

    ReplyDelete