I am Sue

My photo
I am Sue Mochrie. An ever opening flower, waiting for sunlight to warm the rain drops. My creative thoughts and Art will be recorded in words and pictures.....

Sunday 3 October 2010

" The Paintings from Peppercombe"
















Mr. Tony and I have just returned from a lovely two week holiday, split between Devon and Cornwall, my favorite places on earth to find creative inspiration! We drove down in the Mini cooper S, wheeee!!
Our first week was spent in the Peppercombe valley, north Devon. Bridge cottage is a tiny pink thatched cottage, beautifully kept by the Landmark trust, not forgetting their house keeper, Patricia! The pretty winding lane meanders through ancient woodland and finally down to pebbly Peppercombe beach. Our evenings were spent barbecuing supper in the sunny garden, then listening to the hooting of owls as darkness fell, truly enchanting. I've added these lovely photos of the cottage, lane and views from the nearby costal path.
I was inspired to paint a collection of tiny 4" x 4" canvases during our stay and came up with Angels, Hacienda churches and a sweet donkey. These will all be available in my Etsy shop over the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. soooooooooooo jealous that looks so enchanting you must feel refreshed your new work is lovely especially the angel she is so dreamy claire xx did you know you can sell stuff on your blog ive just started building mine check it out xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, canvas prints & good post. You have beautifully maintained it,Its really helpful for me, hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete