I am Sue

My photo
I am Sue Mochrie. An ever opening flower, waiting for sunlight to warm the rain drops. My creative thoughts and Art will be recorded in words and pictures.....

Thursday 7 October 2010

Angel Donkey




During our stay in North Devon, Mr. T and I visited Clovelly, a picturesque village tumbling down the hillside into the pretty harbour. In historical times, donkeys were used to carry provisions along the narrow steep streets. The donkeys are still there, but now they enjoy a more leisurely lifestyle, being looked after by their kind groom and having a gentle stroll in the upper part of the village. Here are a few of them in their stables courtyard. I was inspired to paint a mini canvas in homage to the hard working past of the the donkeys of Clovelly. It's available to buy in my Etsy shop. Many thanks for visiting my blog ♥

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable place! I love donkeys and this painting is beautiful. All your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete